June 27, 2012
The Wilmington community is looking forward to Family Day - a special occasion at the Poplar Grove Farmers' Market. Admission to this event is FREE and there will be crafts, bunnies, a giant shopping cart and more. Plus, there will be hayrides and cooking classes available for a small fee. Visit the Farmers' Market on June 27, 2012 and enjoy these fantastic activities and displays for children:
- Hayrides - Young ones and the young at heart will be able to hop on a hayride for only $5.00.
- Got to Be NC Big Shopping Cart
- 'Hug a Tree' Program - The Pender County EMS will teach children what to do if they are lost in the woods. Great information, especially for families that go on camping trips.
- The Hampstead Fire Department will be teaching about fire prevention. You may even get the chance to see a fire truck! (If they get a call, they have to leave)
- The US Coast Guard Auxiliary will be teaching boating safety, water safety, and more. Kids will enjoy coloring books!
- Cape Fear Area 4H Rabbit Club - Meet the rabbits and kids from the Cape Fear Area Rabbit 4-H Club. There will be rabbits to brush, hold and pet.
- Cape Fear Bee Keepers - Enjoy a display for bee keeping equipment and kid friendly recipes for honey and soap making.
- Sky Watch Bird Rescue - Find out who the bird rescue group is and what they do for the community. There will be a bird seed craft available for kids.
- Family Cooking Class - Bring your kids or grandkids! Kids will be working with the chef to create healthy, kid-friendly food. The class starts at 10AM, so arrive a few minutes early! Guests must preregister for this event so that the chef can be prepared with enough food. Preregister by contacting Alexis & Betsy Fouros at email@example.com or 917-969-2430.
Enjoy the Big Shopping Cart, 4-H Club rabbits, crafts, hayrides, and more!Poplar Grove Website for additional information about Family Day at the Farmers' Market. This kid friendly event promises to entertain people of all ages and interests. Make plans to attend this special Wilmington event with your entire family. We hope to see you at this beautiful Carolina Plantation!
Wilmington NC Events